Rust Converter & Metal Protectant is a revolutionary product for the rust control industry. It is a simple, economical, effective and safe product that effectively converts iron oxide (rust) into a black inert metal combined with a super durable and hard protective coating to seal out oxygen and moisture, preventing corrosion. Treated rust will become a matte black coating that can be left as is, or it can be painted over with a standard oil-based paint if desired.
Rust Converter & Metal Protectant Benefits/Features:
• One Step System
• No need for sanding or grinding
• Converts to a water proof rust free surface
• Fast Action
• Does not require additional coating
• Can be painted over if desired
• Long Lasting
For use on: structures, machinery, equipment, vehicles, railings, marine applications, and more. Tens of thousands of successful applications, galvanized surfaces (mixed results, will work but may not change color).
Not for use on: Rust Converter is not for stains, aluminum, heated areas like hot engines it is also not to be used on internal surfaces such as the insides of liquid containers such as water and fuel tanks.
• Prepare surface: Make sure surface is clean of dirt, grease and any oil.
• Mix thoroughly
• Pour the amount you will need for the job into a suitable plastic container. For large areas, use a roller, for small areas use a brush. Material can be sprayed if desired.
• Apply one to two coats and be sure to allow product to completely dry (convert the rust) before applying additional coats.
• Clean up can be done with water.
It is recommended that protective gloves and safety glasses be worn when using this and all cleaning products.
Refer to SDS for further safety information.
Rust Converter & Metal Protectant Specifications:
Physical Form: Slightly viscous water based liquid
Odor: Mild tannin
pH (concentrate): 2.5 +/- 1
pH (1:50): n/a
Density/Specific Gravity: >1 1= water
Shelf Life: 9 months
DOT Shipping Label: None